Republicans are the RIGHT choice when it comes to your property rights and pocket book
Every year the National Taxpayer's Union and Colorado Union of Taxpayers rates state and federal elected officials based on their voting record.
Job well done by State Rep. Justin Everett (R-Littleton)
for his 100% rating!
Jeffco School Board
Our new site needs photos
Do you have photos of events or volunteers in action that you'd like to share? Are you planning to attend an event where you'd be willing to take some photos? If so, please share your images with our website team. We're currently building a new site and need a good selection of timeless, non candidate specific images to choose from.
Just attach images to an email and send to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!
2014 Jefferson County Resolutions Adopted
Each Resolution was adopted by a 2/3 vote of the Assembly
- Repeal Obamacare (aka the Affordable Care Act) entirely.
- Follow the US Constitution and Bill of Rights to protect the individual.
- Support and protect the 2nd Amendment’s right to keep and bear arms.
- Oppose Common Core and centralized control of education.
- Repeal all gun control legislation passed by the 2013 legislature.
- Balance the federal budget.
- Encourage a strong national defense and support our troops.
- Require Colorado photo ID for voting.
- Reduce spending and the national debt.
- The Republican Party shall be Pro-Life, defend life from conception to natural death, and oppose government funding for abortion.
- Secure all borders.
- Support all forms of domestic energy development including fracking, building the Keystone Pipeline, and encouraging a free market energy policy.
- Promote all school choices, encourage vouchers, and support charter schools.
- Enforce all immigration laws.
- Support traditional marriage between 1 Man and 1 Woman.
- Repeal same-day voter registration and exclusive mail-in balloting.
- Stimulate job growth and free market by reducing business regulations and promoting private sector jobs.
- Support religious freedom and ‘Religious Freedom Acts’.
- Assimilate immigrants by making English the official language.
- Reduce the size of government and reduce government regulations.
- Support legislation to enable Federal Term limits.
- Oppose changes to the RNC rules such as “Rule 16” that attempted to give the national party control over state party rules.
Resolutions adopted at the 2014 Colorado State Assembly: 2014 Colorado GOP Resolutions
News from the Colorado Senate
Four Colorado Senate Republicans wrote a letter to state Insurance Commissioner Marguerite Salazar asking her to explain the legal basis for her May 2 change in insurance rules to allow non-compliant policies to be extended despite federal and state laws prohibiting that extension. “What laws were changed between your March 25 statements at a stakeholders meeting, where you said the policy could not be changed without legislative action, and your May 2 announcement where you did a complete 180?” asked State Senator Kevin Lundberg (R-Berthoud). “Was your reversal of policy due to more information on what the law required?” Senator...
Click here to see the impact of the latest round of health insurance cancellations in Colorado.
Senator Steve King (R-Grand Junction) released the following statement today upon receiving the 2014 Legislative Champion Award from Mothers Against Drunk Driving (MADD): “It is an honor to receive this award from an organization that is so committed to preventing drunk and drugged driving throughout Colorado. We have all too often seen the tragic impact that driving under the influence has on our communities. I am honored to have sponsored legislation to increase penalties for those who choose to drive while under the influence of drugs and alcohol, and look forward to continuing to work with Mothers Against Drunk Driving...