Jeffco School Board
2014 Primary Election Results
Our new site needs photos
Do you have photos of events or volunteers in action that you'd like to share? Are you planning to attend an event where you'd be willing to take some photos? If so, please share your images with our website team. We're currently building a new site and need a good selection of timeless, non candidate specific images to choose from.
Just attach images to an email and send to email@example.com. Thank you!
2014 Jefferson County Resolutions Adopted
Each Resolution was adopted by a 2/3 vote of the Assembly
- Repeal Obamacare (aka the Affordable Care Act) entirely.
- Follow the US Constitution and Bill of Rights to protect the individual.
- Support and protect the 2nd Amendment’s right to keep and bear arms.
- Oppose Common Core and centralized control of education.
- Repeal all gun control legislation passed by the 2013 legislature.
- Balance the federal budget.
- Encourage a strong national defense and support our troops.
- Require Colorado photo ID for voting.
- Reduce spending and the national debt.
- The Republican Party shall be Pro-Life, defend life from conception to natural death, and oppose government funding for abortion.
- Secure all borders.
- Support all forms of domestic energy development including fracking, building the Keystone Pipeline, and encouraging a free market energy policy.
- Promote all school choices, encourage vouchers, and support charter schools.
- Enforce all immigration laws.
- Support traditional marriage between 1 Man and 1 Woman.
- Repeal same-day voter registration and exclusive mail-in balloting.
- Stimulate job growth and free market by reducing business regulations and promoting private sector jobs.
- Support religious freedom and ‘Religious Freedom Acts’.
- Assimilate immigrants by making English the official language.
- Reduce the size of government and reduce government regulations.
- Support legislation to enable Federal Term limits.
- Oppose changes to the RNC rules such as “Rule 16” that attempted to give the national party control over state party rules.
Resolutions adopted at the 2014 Colorado State Assembly: 2014 Colorado GOP Resolutions
News from the Colorado Senate
Click here to see the impact of the latest round of health insurance cancellations in Colorado.
Senator Steve King (R-Grand Junction) released the following statement today upon receiving the 2014 Legislative Champion Award from Mothers Against Drunk Driving (MADD): “It is an honor to receive this award from an organization that is so committed to preventing drunk and drugged driving throughout Colorado. We have all too often seen the tragic impact that driving under the influence has on our communities. I am honored to have sponsored legislation to increase penalties for those who choose to drive while under the influence of drugs and alcohol, and look forward to continuing to work with Mothers Against Drunk Driving...
Harvey Releases Statement on Lawsuit Challenging West Metro Fire Protection’s Special District Election
Senator Ted Harvey (R-Highlands Ranch) released the following statement on the lawsuit filed against West Metro Fire Protection District: “I am not surprised that this election was a disaster from every standpoint,” said Harvey, who led the floor debate in opposition to HB 1164. “The Democrat majority rushed this dangerous bill through the legislature without adequate scrutiny and rejected many commonsense amendments. I fully expect they will be back next year with still another ‘fix’ to clean up the unworkable mess they have created. This is only the beginning of the many scandals we will see in elections all the way through...